Are you looking to join a team of passionate and creative people working to make the world a healthier place for everyone? Healthy Materials Lab is looking for a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Current opportunities for external search:
Part-Time Program Administrator
Work in the Lab is fast-paced and complex and applicants should be able and willing to multi-task. The candidate must possess strong organizational and communication skills including excellent writing skills. They must be punctual, logical, and self-sufficient and possess a high level of technical computer literacy. This position provides a flexible work schedule with a high expectation of reliability. This is a union administrative position governed by a collective bargaining agreement between Local 1205 Teamsters and the University.
- Oversight and coordination of public programs, private events, and internal/external meetings. Includes adjusting work schedule on days with evening events.
- Schedule HML communications, media promotion, and public relations, including mailing list maintenance and upkeep.
- Undertake writing projects to disseminate the work of the Lab.
- Assist in updating students through Canvas and/or distributing a range of digital communications for HML’s eLearning programs.
- Administration of academic partnerships including project management.
- Creation, implementation, and management of program-level communications and calendar.
- Oversee expense tracking and reconciliation, and coordinate with relevant university offices as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience required.
- Exceptionally professional and proactive with an interest in Material Health.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem-solve, manage diverse activities, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Pleasant demeanor and positive, can-do attitude.
- Adhere to the The New School’s COVID-19 protocol
- Hybrid/Split - Employees hired for this position have regularly scheduled, consistent percentage of time on campus (ex 1-4x/week) and also work some of the time remotely.
$27.45/hr - 32.98/hr
Healthy Materials Lab is convinced that the strength and resilience of a team come from diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color), LGBTQ, women, immigrants, and people with disabilities to apply.
Join Our Academic Network
Get Access to our carefully researched and curated academic resources, including model syllabi and webinars. An email from an academic institution or a .edu email address is required. If your academic institution does not use .edu email addresses but you would like to join the network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already have an account? Log in
Need an account? Join our Academic Network